It's a Boy!

Our referral....Oct 28 2005
This was the most exciting day of my life. We have been waiting for this since submitting our photo album in January. Finally our adoption agency called. A birth mother from Taiwan selected us to be the parents of her baby boy born on Sept 2nd. John got the phone call about 8:30 in the morning. He knew I'd be teaching and he wanted to tell me in person. So he called and asked if he could meet me during my lunch. I was leaving for Las Vegas the next day with my mom, grandma, and aunt, so he said he wanted to say bye in person. I just thought "how sweet". When my lunch came, I went out to the parking lot and got in the car to spend a whole "ten minutes" with my husband. He then said "I have a late birthday present for you" with tears in his eyes. I thought "it's ok if it's late". Then he said my now favorite three words..."You're a mommy!" It was a moment I'll never forget. I was a lost cause with teaching the rest of the day. I told everyone I saw, called everyone I could think of. We are so happy!At the end of my workday, our caseworker faxed over our baby's medical records and birth family's history and the adoption contract for us to sign if we accept the referral. I don't think I've ever signed a document so fast!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home