Our Shower!
What a blast! Our best friends, Kellie, Doug, Debbie and Peter threw us a shower on February 18th at our home. They kicked me out of my house early in the day so they could decorate and surprise me...and boy did they! They didn't leave any stone unturned. The love and support of our family and friends is truly overwhelming. I'm sure we would make the record books as being the longest present opening ever! Kai is set! 
Everyone signed around Kai's picture welcoming him into our lives. We are all so excited for him to arrive!

This is Kellie and Doug. You can't even tell they worked their butts off to give us the best shower ever. Kellie's standing next to her diaper cake creation. So cute!
Deb and Peter. They drove all the way up from Miami to help organize our special day. They're engaged to be married in April. What a good looking couple!
This is the cake Deb ordered...yumo!
Marc & Lesley with their son Sam. We always have so much fun with them!
This is us with my mom...soon to be called "Nana". She spend a whole weekend wrapping 40 plus candles for everyone at the shower with a tag that says "Here's a candle for you to light once the plane has made it's flight with the flicker of the flame please say a prayer in Kai's name" I hope I can be half the mom she's been to me.
This is my "little" brother Erik...soon to be called "Uncle Erik" He drove all the way down from Pensacola for the celebration. John & him are very close! Ha! It meant so much having him here!This was a day that we will always remember thanks to all of our 40 plus family and friends that were able to come.
If that wasn't enough my work threw us another shower last Friday. I'm convinced that I teach with the most generous, supportive, thoughtful, people ever.
We feel truly blessed!


2 Comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I am so sad that I didn't make it home to celebrate with you. THANK YOU for putting the pictures up so I can at least see what I missed! I am sooo happy for you!
What a lovely group of friends you have. Sorry I could not be there but I enjoyed our lunch and hope to see you this week end. Can't wait to meet Kai.
Post a Comment
<< Home