Friday, March 24, 2006

We're closer than we thought!

Looks like we're getting Kai a little sooner than predicted. I'm so excited, I feel like I might burst! We've booked the flight and everything so it's official. We're flying out at 7:00 Monday morning on April 10th. Arrive in LA four and a half hours later at 9:35 am. I'm hoping we can at least do some shopping and see Hollywood Blvd? You know I'm going to be too excited to sleep! We made reservations at The Four Points Hotel Sheraton.
It's only 4 blocks away and the airport provides a shuttle bus. Our next flight is Tuesday at 5 pm taking us to Taipei, Taiwan...to our son!!! It's only about a 22 hour flight...piece of cake!





We'll arrive on Wed at 9:50pm and will have our arms around Kai the next morning!! John made reservation at a hotel called "The Grande"...

But we're debating canceling the 1st night and bringing sleeping bags to spend the night on the orphanage doorstep.
Maybe they'll take sympathy. Our court date in Taiwan will be on Friday and he gets his VISA for travel on Monday morning. So we'll get to spend the whole weekend with our son touring Taipei. John said he might even let me hold him a little! We're leaving on Monday night at 11:55 pm to LA at 8:35pm, over three hours before we left...is that cool or what! I kindof doubt it will feel like that! John's bringing Benedryle. Then our last flight to Orlando will be on Delta flight #2003 departing at 10:45 and arriving at 6:11 AM ... home at last! Even as early as it will be, I'm told Kai will be welcomed with a fan club of family and friends at the airport. Even his best friend Brandon ...

4 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, Blogger Annette said...

I am so happy for you guys.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Annette said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Bobby said...

Ok, so I went and put your entire trip on my Palm Desktop Calendar so I know where you are each day. You are so lucky, not just to be going on a worldwide trip, but you get to bring home the best souvenir .... Kai!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Charlene said...

I am sooo excited for you two to be parents. I can't think of two more deserving people.
My love and all the best to all three of you!! Enjoy your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home