Wednesday, April 12, 2006

In Our Arms at Last!!!






This is the most happiest day of our lives. We finally are holding our precious, adorable, cuddly, baby boy. We got up about 5:00, got everything unpacked and organized for our 8:30 pick up to get Kai. It's a rainy day about 80 degrees, but it seems beautiful to me! We got to Cathwell services which is the name of the orphanage about 9:15. They took us right up to see him getting a bath. It was the most amazing moment ever. He wouldn't stop staring at us through the glass. They quickly dressed him and handed him to me to hold. He was so calm about the whole thing, kept sucking his thumb and just gazing at us. What a blessing! We walked around the nursery to meet all of his friends. If it wasn't for all of the paperwork and the fact that other parents are waiting on all of them, we would have taken as many as we could carry. All so precious and seemed so content, like they know their next. There were 36, now 35 in the nursery. His caretakers gave us a quick lesson on how to prepare his formula and said that he even eats baby food. He fell asleep in my arms as soon as we got in the van to go back to the hotel and slept until we got to the room. How perfect is that.
He woke up wide eyed and John's feeding him while I try to update this blog. I knew there were a couple of people waiting at home for the news. Kai really likes his new Turtle toy. He's literally drooling all over it. He's already got two bottom teeth. He's being sooo good. They told us that he sleeps from night to dawn...we shall see and let you know.


Christy's on the floor playing with Kai and he's already starting to crawl, so cute.
We're just going to hang out at the hotel today and get acquainted. Tomorrow's will be busy. We have an 8:30 appointment with the American Embassy of Taiwan. Then an appointment to meet Kai's birthmother at 1:30. (That's 12:30 AM at home) So try to dream positive thoughts our way.

3 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Annette said...

My heart overflows with love for you, John, and Kai. He is a beautiful baby. The joy on your faces overwhelms me. Can't wait to meet the newest West man. Love to all of you. Mom McD

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

Isnt technology wonderful, allowing you to share one of the happiest times in your life with friends and family as it happens? Congratulations to all 3 of you for finding each other! What a beautiful family!!!
Enjoy!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Bobby said...

That kid is such a NYC Boy if I ever saw one! I know you can't understand him yet, but he told me he wants to go to NYC and see Uncle Bobby! I know it sounds dorky, but when I see the flowers blooming, and buds on the trees, I am reminded that we all have our ups and down, loss and renewal. I am glad for your spring and I think his name is Kai!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home