Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!







Hope everyone is having a very special Easter. God is so good! We miss being with our family and friends, but we'll be on our way in less than 24 hours! We can hardly wait for everyone to meet Kai...be warned, he steals your heart for good! We had a great Easter day. Started off playing the whole morning, while John & I alternated going to the breakfast buffet. They really frown on bringing your baby into the dining room, so room service has been a dream! We had another good night's sleep. Kai doesn't wake up for a good seven hours and takes several long naps during the day. I think that he's used to other babies waking him up all of the time, not two smiling adults staring at him all day long. He's getting used to it though! He's such a good baby. Only fusses when he's tired and hungry (and boy does he let you know!!) Just like his daddy! We took three forms of transportation to church this morning. Shuttle bus, subway, and taxi to Grace Baptist. It's funny, we made it with 15 minutes to spare. At home, we live only 5 minutes from church and we're always running late. It was so neat going to church half way around the world, hearing the same wonderful story. They sang a combination of contemporary and traditional hymns. I loved singing them with Kai in my arms. He was just taking it all in and spent most of the service playing with my charms on my necklace that Nana gave me to keep us safe. How much fuller can my heart get! The biggest differences in the service was that most people were dressed very informal, including the pastor. Also, people would just come and go. The service started a little late, with only a few people, and by the end was completely packed. Sorry for the tilted picture here, remember that I'm limited in my tech ability...Bobby, we need you! Afterward, we went to the McDonald's right next door to see if it was the same. It was, except for the "Light Cola". I'm sooo glad I brought some Diet Coke. We then took a taxi to a Taiwan Handicraft Mart. It had four levels of the neatest crafts I've ever seen. Boy did I have fun shopping there. Kai helped me pick out several special gifts to take home with us. I can't get over how helpful and hardworking everyone is here. If they don't speak English, they are quick to find someone who can or get a book to help translate. They are very eager to please. We get curious looks everywhere we go. John is super protective when we're out and about. Insist on holding him the whole time. But don't worry, I get my time in too! Later today we have an appointment to get Kai's VISA at the American Institute in Taiwan. It's at 11:30 am. Right now it's about 12:30 am. I'm going to try to stay up, get organized, and sleep after the appointment. The time adjustment really messes with you. My body is a little confused, but my heart is very clear! Our flight doesn't leave until 11pm (I think that's 10 am Monday home time). We are doing late check out until 6 pm, before we start heading to the airport. Probably do some more sightseeing in between. I just can't wait to get our baby home!

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Charlene said...

HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY CHRISTY!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home