Welcome Home!

Tonight, as you lie sleeping
for the first time in your bed,
I feel there's something lasting
and profound that should be said.
But nothing I can think of
seems quite fitting, so instead,
Welcome home, my child,
at long last,
Welcome home.
Welcome home from every yesterday
from every then and there
To the now and evermore
that's here for you.
Welcome home to true belonging...
to together...times we'll share,
And countless family things
that we will do.
Welcome home to every hope and dream
just waiting to be yours...
To hands that long to guide you
as you grow.
Welcome home to understanding
and devotion that endures...
To hearts that love you now
more than you know.
Welcome home to all the memories
we'll make of every day...
To loving ties,
however far you roam...
To joys we'll give each other,
to the blue skies and the gray...
To all these things and more now,
welcome home.
Tomorrow, when you wake up,
a brand new life will start...
A life in which you'll always be
a very special part.
So dream sweet dreams...and once more
from the bottom of my heart,
Welcome home, my child.
Forever...
Welcome Home.
-by Michael F. Anderson


2 Comments:
I met Amanda Peet tonight! Oh wait, this is about you, not me... Kai looks right at home and I know you are full of happiness!
what beautiful and heartfelt words.
Glad you made it home safely.
call when you get a chance
Post a Comment
<< Home