Saturday, June 03, 2006

Having a Blast!

Boy have we been busy! It has been the best ride of our life. I'm so sorry it has taken so long to update my blog. Every day just gets better and better. Kai is adapting so well. I can't believe he's already 9 months old. I'm going to really try my best to update every month.

He did so good on the 11 hour flight to LA. We traveled EVA airlines and they treated us like gold. Kai even had his own bassinet and spent most of the flight flirting with a baby girl in the one next to him. We were greeted in LA by his Great Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Don along with my cousin Michael, who joined us on the flight home. What a blast we had waiting for our flight to Orlando. However, it was really hard to go from business class EVA to Delta coach. Kai didn't like it one bit and he let everyone know for most of the flight. I felt like I needed to apologize to everyone as they departed. But it was all forgotten as soon as we stepped off the plane. Even though I only had about 5 hours of sleep in the last 30, I was wide awake as we saw our family and friends waiting with open arms. My mom was so excited she even let go of all of the balloons she got for Kai. It was a moment I will always treasure. Even John's brother surprised us by being there. Kai just went from person to person touching everyone's tear streaked smiling faces. It was like he knew this is where he belonged. God sure knows what he's doing!

Already he's been to Miami to see Deb's family, Pensacola for Uncle Erik's birthday bash and back again for our nieces graduation. We're even contemplating New York City! He loves to be out and about, taking walks in his stroller, jumping in his jumper, and playing music with his interactive toys. He's even pulling himself up to standing and balancing for a couple of seconds. We think we're busy now, wait till he starts walking. He has really enjoyed getting to know all of his family and friends. John and I are loving our "new normal"! Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers during our travels. It couldn't have gone any smoother.


We are now waiting for our re-adoption date where his name will be officially changed and he will receive a FL birth certificate. He's already got an American Citizen Certificate with a letter from President Bush congratulating him and reminding him of what it means to be blessed with this honor. However, John & I are the ones that feel so blessed! I spent about two hours updating this with oodles of pictures we wanted to share with you. However, something is wrong with blogger right now so only one posted. As soon as they've fixed the problem or Bobby comes over I'll try again. The one that made it is of Kai with his Nanna at Uncle Erik's birthday bash. It was love at 1st sight!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home